Tokyo 2020 will take place from August 24th 2021-September 5th 2021 with the action focusing around the Japan National Stadium in Tokyo.
The games will take place one year later than planned following the forced postponement of the Paralympic Games due to the Corona Virus.
The opening ceremony of the Paralympic Games will take place on August 24th and will mark the beginning of 2 weeks of intense competition with the famous Paralympic medals at stake. The Games will feature 539 events across 22 sports hosted at 21 venues with multiple classifications in each discipline.
The Schedule of events for the Games can be seen Here
Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games Schedule
Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games Venues
The Paralympic Games will take place across 22 venues throughout the entire city of Tokyo. Those venues are listed below and you can take a tour of them on the video below.
- New National Stadium – Athletics, Opening and closing ceremonies
- Nippon Budokan – Judo
- Tokyo Equestrian Park – Equestrian
- Tokyo International Forum – Powerlifting
- Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium – Table tennis
- Yoyogi National Stadium – Badminton, Wheelchair rugby
Tokyo Bay Zone
- Aomi Urban Sports Venue – Football 5-a-side
- Ariake Arena – Wheelchair basketball (main venue)
- Ariake Tennis Park – Wheelchair tennis
- Dream Island Archery Park – Archery
- Makuhari Messe – Goalball, Sitting volleyball, Taekwondo, Wheelchair fencing
- Odaiba Marine Park – Paratriathlon
- Olympic Aquatics Centre – Swimming
- Sea Forest Waterway – Rowing, Paracanoe
- Olympic Gymnastics Centre – Boccia
Venues outside 10 km area
- Musashino Forest Sports Plaza – Wheelchair basketball (preliminaries)
- Asaka Shooting Range – Shooting
- Izu Velodrome – Track cycling
- Fuji Speedway – Road cycling
- Harumi Futo Paralympic Village
- Tokyo Big Sight Conference Tower – International Media and Broadcast Centre