Paralympics Ireland, the National Paralympic Committee (NPC) for Ireland, is seeking a dedicated individual to join our dynamic Audit and Risk Committee. Recognised by the International Paralympic Committee (IPC), we proudly manage and prepare the Irish team for the prestigious Paralympic Games every four years, aligning with the Olympic Games.
As we adhere to the Sport Ireland Governance Code and the Charities Governance Code, we are committed to upholding the highest standards of governance. Our committee positions are entirely voluntary, and we are now inviting passionate individuals to contribute their skills and expertise to fortify our audit, risk management and governance capabilities.
- Risk Management Expertise: Demonstrate a proven track record in risk management, bringing valuable insights to enhance our organisation’s risk resilience.
- Audit Proficiency: Possess a comprehensive understanding of audit processes and procedures, ensuring robust financial oversight.
- Policy and Procedure Development: Showcase proficiency in developing policies, procedures, and risk management strategies to ensure the organisation operates at its best.
- Attention to Detail: Uphold meticulous attention to detail, a critical aspect in maintaining the integrity of our governance framework.
- Sector Knowledge: Leverage your knowledge of the sports and/or voluntary not profit sectors in Ireland to provide informed contributions to our strategic discussions.
- Non-Profit Experience: Bring valuable experience in serving on not-for-profit Board sub-committees, contributing to the success of our mission.
- Commitment to Governance: Demonstrate unwavering commitment to the highest levels of governance, aligning with Paralympics Ireland’s values.
- Mission Alignment: Understand and align with our mission and values, contributing to the advancement of Paralympic sports in Ireland.
- Time and Commitment: Possess the time and dedication required to fulfil the role and responsibilities effectively.
- Meeting Frequency: Participate in at least three meetings annually of circa 2 hours each in duration. Also have adequate time to commit to reviewing papers and preparing for meetings.
- Meeting Formats: Meetings are a blend of in-person and online, with in-person gatherings typically held at Sport HQ.
- Operational Flexibility: Be prepared for additional meetings if required for operational purposes, showcasing your flexibility and commitment.
Join us in championing excellence and supporting the Paralympic movement in Ireland. Apply now to be a vital part of our Audit and Risk Committee, ensuring the continued success of Paralympics Ireland. Together, let’s elevate possibilities and empower athletes to reach new heights!
Submit expressions of interest to email@example.com